Monday, February 14, 2011

#4: Donate Blood

I've donated blood once before but it's always difficult for me because I have a pretty big fear of needles.  However, the first time I donated blood I learned I was O- so I'm a universal giver.  I also learned that I can only receive blood from other O- types.  So, I figure that anyone in desperate need could use my blood and if givers like me aren't out there, then I'd never have blood if I needed it.  With that in mind, I decided to give my "Super blood" again and try to forget how the first time I was in the room, 2 people passed out.  Lucky for me, this time nobody passed out.  Unfortunately, the person taking my blood did make me bleed quite a bit so I had blood all over my arm.  But it looked worse than it was.  I'll probably consider doing it again in the future...makes me feel good to know I'm helping out someone else who could desperately need people like me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment