Friday, May 20, 2011

#8: No Soda for One Month

Compared to going pescetarian for 2 weeks, this was a piece of cake.  I'm actually surprised how simple this was for me to complete.

I began the soda-nix on February 1, 2011.  But then I realized, "Wait, I just picked the shortest month of the year.  Someone is going to give me a hard time for this."  So I decided that I would go a few days into March just to make sure that I wasn't harassed for "trying to get off easy."  I went 32 days.  And then decided I wanted a diet Pepsi.

I think there was only one time that I REALLY wanted a soda- and that was having dinner at Arriba's with Melissa and Blake.  I love having a Dr. Pepper when I go out to Mexican food.  For me, it's like PB&J.  It's just a good combo.  And I really wanted to have one.  Yet, I stuck with a water with lemon.  Had to stay strong.

Realizing how easy it was makes me think that I could probably give up soda entirely if I wanted to.  Yet, at this point, I don't have a real desire to give them up for good.  I don't drink them as often as I used to and when I have one, it usually is a diet.  But at least I know that my willpower is strong enough to succeed if I do decide to cut them out of my life.  That probably means I'll have to un-like Dr. Pepper on Facebook too...just so there isn't any temptation.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment