Sunday, July 17, 2011

#12: Try Traditional Chicken and Waffles


So, chicken and waffles.  Everyone kept talking about it and I was curious so I wrote it down.  Then, lucky for me, my team at work won an extended lunch and chose to go to Lolo's Chicken and Waffles in Scottsdale, AZ.  Perfect.  I couldn't wait.  I vowed to actually order chicken and a waffle, despite my weird feeling of having syrup on a fried chicken breast.  I'm strange about my breakfast foods.  If I have something sweet like pancakes or french toast, I do not particularly care for the syrup touching anything non sweet- eggs, sausage, bacon, etc.  I just like to have them separate.

But not this time.  I want the whole experience. Fried chicken with a buttery, syrupy waffle.  And it was delicious.  Salty and sweet and overall very good.  I definitely want to go back.  I ordered the Betty Boop (one chicken breast and one waffle) and tried a side of their smothered potatoes, which I was not a fan of.  But the chicken and waffle was tasty so I'll return for that.  Except I was given crap for not either ordering some traditional sweet tea or their famous Red Kool Aid Drank.  Next time.  Until then, the picture will just continue to make me hungry.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought chicken and waffles sounded really weird, but that looks good. except the potatoes, what are they smothered in?! That looks terrible!

    ReplyDelete