Monday, July 4, 2011

#10: Try Snowboarding Again

Based on the previous post, you probably already get the idea that I finished this goal.

Completing the goal= success.  Snowboarding= not so much.

I'm a snowboarding failure.  Granted, it was only my second time ever.  My first was New Years Day 2003 with Cherisse.  We had just worked a late night busing tables at Charlie Clark's Steak House and we decided to snowboard the next day...before having to head right into another shift.  I think we were both exceptionally sore and broken going into work.  And exhausted.  We picked a bad day to do it.

Well, 8 years later, I don't think it was any easier.  And the whole time I was jealous of the skiers.  It has been more years since I skied but I was more advanced at that when I quit skiing so my thought process is that I would be more successful as a skier than snowboarder.  The trip was good though and I think we'll plan another one this winter.  So that's the plan for me this year- skiing.

"The 80's called and they want their sport back."  Yeah, I know.  I'm just coming with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment