Saturday, February 25, 2012

#16: Buy a Stranger's Coffee

Thanks to Gauri's dedication of conducting a scavenger hunt with a list of items and actions that a friend helped put together, this was my perfect opportunity to complete #8 since it was on that list.

Team Awesome (which I have just named us) was comprised of Danny, Dustin, Gauri, and myself.  We decided to head to Paradise Valley Mall for the hunt because we figured we could find just about everything in a mall.


While Danny and Dustin ran around trying to get a few more actions done, Gauri and I staked out the Starbucks waiting for a single person to come in.  I mean, come on, I wasn't trying to go for broke buying venti lattes for a whole family!  In comes this pretty, spunky girl and Gauri nudges me and says, "Go!"

As she was at the counter, I told her it was really important to me to buy her coffee.  Whatever she wanted.  She was very shocked and seemed to feel guilty but I explained that it was both for my "bucket list" (which is much easier than trying to describe the Day Zero project to strangers) and for our scavenger hunt.  Her name was Heather and she worked across from the Starbucks in a salon.  She was utterly grateful and I could tell Gauri and I made her day.  This may have been one of my most gratifying challenges since starting Day Zero.
I love making people happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment