Saturday, February 25, 2012

#18: Attend a Midnight Movie Premiere

I should disclose right up front that somehow I let Jodi talk me into using the Twilight: Breaking Dawn movie for this goal.  Possibly the worst idea ever.  I'll explain.


First, it sounded good in theory.  I wanted to see the movie, Jodi and I thought it would be enjoyable together, and we thought maybe Melissa could join us and we'd make it a girls' night.  We knew it would be busy but we worked out a plan and decided to go for it.

Jodi was going to go really early...like 8 p.m. early and I would show up a little later with some Caramel Apple Spices from Starbucks to help keep us warm.
We were waiting outside but not too far from the entrance so I knew Jodi picked a great time to get there.  We were surrounded by teenagers (as expected) but I was a little surprised to see so many teenage boys there.  They were probably with their girlfriends...whipped fools.  They probably let us in the building between 10:30 - 11 and because of how early Jodi got there, we ended up in the front row behind the walkway and bar.  Prime seating.  (Props to you Jodi!)

The wait didn't seem that bad and just after midnight they started previews.  I should have known better than to show up at a teen movie premiere and expect a quiet, enjoyable time.  The theater cheered like crazy when the movie started and within a few minutes of starting, Jacob had already taken off his shirt and girls were screaming.  These are NOT features of a movie I enjoy.  Luckily, since shirtless scene came pretty early, they quieted down quite a bit afterward and the rest of the movie was reasonable.  The movie itself was interesting...I don't think I loved it but it wasn't horrible.

I think what I realized the most is that I enjoy seeing movies in relatively empty theaters.  You know, like 4 p.m. showings on a Wednesday after the movie has been out for 2 weeks. Lol.  Guess I just like to enjoy my $1 Harkins refills in peace and not have squeals or talking throughout it.  But I appreciate Jodi inviting me and I definitely had fun with her.  I said I wouldn't probably do a premiere by choice again....but the Hunger Games does come out next month and I may have to break that vow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment